for an appointment
Supporting the communities we share with you.
From contributions and sponsorships, to the personal participation of our team members in local charitable events, Turner Pest Control is strongly committed to supporting efforts to make our community a great place to live and work.
With our second annual scholarship program, we’re highlighting the importance of community service and generating awareness for our Orlando pest control location. This year, we are offering a scholarship award to a deserving student in the U.S. who has demonstrated his or her commitment to community service, and who has been accepted to a university, college or trade school and submits the winning entry in an essay competition. The scholarship is open to all U.S. residents, not just those in the Orlando area. A scholarship in the amount of $1,500 will be awarded on July 15, 2017.
The deadline for entry is June 1, 2017. All entrants must submit a 500-word essay about their personal experiences with community or volunteer service, how that service impacted the quality of life in their communities, and any plans for their community service participation in the future.
Selection of a scholarship winner will be based on his or her community service as described in the essay; academic achievement, including a minimum 2.5 GPA; and recommendations from employers and/or school officials.
Requirements for applicants
- Submit a completed scholarship application online by midnight Eastern time, June 1, 2017.
- Attach the above-described 500-word essay to your online application.
- Applicants must be accepted to a community college, four-year college or university, trade school, or two-year technical college in the U.S.
Requirements for the winning applicant
Prior to awarding the scholarship, the selected winner must:
- Provide proof of enrollment in a community college, four-year college or university, trade school, or two-year technical college in the U.S.
- Submit two recommendations from a professor or teacher.
- Provide a letter, certificate of completion, or other document confirming community service participation.
How to apply
- Complete the form below in its entirety.
- Attach the above-described 500-word essay.
- Submit application by midnight Eastern time, June 1, 2017.
Previous Scholarship Winner
Lisa Valdivia of Texas was the previous recipient of Turner Pest Control’s scholarship, awarded June 15, 2016.