Bed Bug Control & Treatment in Jacksonville, FL
Customized bed bug treatment for your Jacksonville home.
Bed bugs can be hard to find and even more difficult to eradicate. These tiny pests can hide not only in bedding, but also in the smallest crevices throughout your home. That’s why bed bug extermination is a job that’s best left to the pros. At Turner Pest Control, our bed bug experts offer a comprehensive solution that includes a thorough inspection, safe and effective treatment, and follow-up inspections to ensure your bed bug problem is solved.
If you spot even a few bed bugs in your Jacksonville home, contact us for a free, no-obligation inspection right away.
How bed bugs enter your home
It’s a misconception that bed bugs are rarely found in clean homes. In fact, considering how many ways they can come in, bed bugs will set up housekeeping in even the most well-kept residences. Here are some of the ways they can get into your home:
- Visitors: Someone coming from an environment where bed bugs are present may unknowingly bring them into your home on their clothing or, if they’re overnight guests, in their luggage.
- Your own luggage or clothing: You can pick up bed bugs from hotel rooms and transport them home in your suitcases and clothing.
- Used items: Second-hand clothing and furniture may have enough bed bugs in them to establish an infestation in their new location in your home.
Signs that you may have bed bugs in your Jacksonville home
Bed bugs are no bigger than the size of an apple seed, so they’re not as easy to spot as most other types of pests that are commonly found in Jacksonville. Even if you can’t readily see them, they do leave evidence of their presence:
- Spots of red or brown blood on your bedding or your pajamas
- Spots on your bedding or mattress left by their fecal matter
- Cast-off exoskeletons, or skins
If you do see a bed bug, you’re looking at an adult. They’re almond-shaped, almost flat, and are reddish-brown in color.
How to prevent a bed bug infestation
Although a bed bug infestation is almost impossible to eradicate with DIY methods, the good news is you can take several steps to reduce the chances that an infestation will happen in the first place:
- Closely inspect any second-hand “soft goods” such as clothing, mattresses, and furniture before you bring them indoors.
- Put protective covers on your box springs and mattress that are designed to keep bed bugs out.
- Vacuum rugs and furniture frequently.
- When traveling, wrap your suitcase in a plastic bag, or keep it in the bathtub and away from soft goods.
- After traveling, closely inspect your luggage and wash clothing in hot water (including things you didn’t wear).
- Pare down the clutter in your home to reduce the number of hiding places for bed bugs. They like to hide in cardboard boxes, so use plastic containers for storage and take the cardboard outside for recycling.
What to know about bed bugs
Bed bugs have been on the comeback in recent years, so you may have been seeing them more often in the news. Here’s what you need to know about these hard-to-kill pests:
- Adults can live for months without feeding
- Bed bugs can quickly spread from room to room once they get indoors
- They can live just about anywhere humans are—dorms, offices, theaters, stores, schools, and public transportation
- Bed bugs can survive in a wide range of temperatures, from nearly freezing to 122 degrees Fahrenheit
- They usually hide during daylight hours
- Bed bugs cannot jump or fly
How Turner’s bed bug experts can help
Like most types of household pests, bed bugs go through a life cycle from egg to adult. One of the keys to completely eradicating bed bugs is to kill them at each of these stages, so our comprehensive treatment plan includes followup reinspections to make sure the problem is solved. We provide several separate treatments over a three-week period, using several methods for the best results.
Turner also offers Thermal Remediation, the latest innovation in bed bug control. This one-time treatment uses high heat to destroy bed bugs in every life stage without chemical fumigation or toxins.
Call us for a free inspection and estimate.
We offer free, no-obligation estimates on bed bug extermination and all Turner Pest Control residential pest control services. Contact us today online or call us to schedule your free quote.