Need Bed Bug Treatment in Orlando?
If you’re worried about bed bugs, Turner Pest Control can help you rest easy!
Bed bugs are famously difficult to spot. That makes it very difficult to get rid of them, especially when using DIY solutions.
If bed bugs have invaded your home, don’t waste time with DIY treatments that don’t work. You need a professional solution from an experienced team like the bed bug experts at Turner Pest Control. Our comprehensive program includes a full inspection, professional treatment, and follow-up inspections until you are bed bug-free.
Orlando residents enjoy the same effective treatment plan chosen by top hotels, office parks, and medical facilities that we serve throughout the area.
Where do bed bugs come from?
- Guests. One common way that bed bugs enter homes is via house guests who unknowingly carry bed bugs in their clothing and luggage.
- Used items. Furniture, clothing, or mattresses from consignment or thrift stores that came from places with bed bug infestations can transmit the critters to your home.
- Items in storage. Towels, sheets, and luggage can harbor bed bugs when they’re left in storage. Wash your linens with hot water and inspect suitcases and travel bags thoroughly before and after use.
Signs that you may have bed bugs in your Orlando home.
- Bites. Do you have tiny bites on your arms, legs, or back? Any skin that’s in contact with a mattress or linens on your bed may show bite marks if bed bugs are present.
- Spots. Do you see brown or red spots on your sheets? They could be dried drops of blood from bed bug bites.
- Odor. If your mattress or comforter smells musty, you could have bed bugs.
- Sightings. Bed bugs will be visible when they’re not hiding in small crevices and cracks as well as the underside of your mattress.
Seeing signs of bed bugs? Call Turner Pest Control now at (407) 675-5000.
Our Orlando technicians have the experience, equipment, and products needed to exterminate bed bugs from your home. We understand that discovering bed bugs can be distressing, so we’ll work fast to make your home bed bug-free once again.
For your peace of mind, we use the safest and most effective methods offered by modern extermination technology.
Turner Pest Control’s bed bug services include:
- Methods designed to be minimally disruptive to your home or your schedule.
- Techniques that are environmentally friendly. People with allergies and other health problems can safely remain indoors without any threats to health.
- A consultation where we discuss your needs, your preferences, and your budget. Bed bug services are guaranteed to ensure long-lasting protection.
- A free estimate so you know that you’re getting what you need to rid your home of bed bugs.
- A plan that’s efficient and practical. Bed bugs can strike anywhere, from homes and apartments, to hospitals and dorms. Having a good plan means you’re less likely to be next in line when it comes to a terrifying bed bug infestation.
Orlando bed bug treatment FAQ.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions we hear from our Orlando customers about bed bugs, including prevention, treatments, and more. If you have questions that aren’t answered below, please contact us—we’ll be glad to provide more information.
If you see a bed bug in your Orlando home or think you’ve been bitten by bed bugs, call a pest control professional immediately. These tiny bugs move through your home easily, leaving eggs in their wake, and it doesn’t take long for you to have a serious infestation.
With so many types of small, brownish pests in the Orlando area, it can be easy to confuse a bed bug with other kinds of bugs. The most recognizable characteristics of bed bugs are their reddish-brown color and oval-shaped, flat bodies. They’re not much larger than a tiny apple seed, and may appear a bit bloated if they have just fed.
In your home, bed bugs like to stay close to where people spend most of their time, such as in bed. Their tiny flat bodies make it easy for them to slip into the smallest cracks in the joints of furniture, bed frames and baseboards. In addition to homes, bed bugs inhabit a long list of places, including hotels, hospitals, dormitories, office buildings, public transportation, school, theaters and much more.
Bed bugs are very difficult to completely eradicate with DIY methods due to their small size, hard-to-reach hiding places, and ability to survive at any of their life stages. DIY bed bug control can even cause an increase in these pests’ populations. In addition, attempting to get rid of bed bugs yourself can actually pose a threat to your health. A paper by the University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences includes a list of what not to do for bed bugs, including not using foggers, making your own mix of products, using off-label pesticides, or attempting to use heat to treat your property. At best, these DIY tactics are ineffective; at worst, they can be dangerous or even deadly. To protect your safety and get rid of bed bugs, contact an experienced Orlando pest control professional, and learn more about safety issues in controlling bed bugs from the Environmental Protection Agency.
Heat treatments, or Thermal Remediation, is very effective, killing bed bugs at every life stage during a treatment. Using only heat, this environmentally friendly method kills bed bugs that may be resistant to insecticides and reaches them in their hiding places. Turner Pest Control offers Thermal Remediation treatments for bed bugs to Orlando homeowners and businesses.
This is possibly the only good thing about bed bugs—they are not known to transmit disease.
Reports from professional pest control providers indicates that there has been a resurgence in their populations since the 1990s. Although the reasons haven’t been determined, it’s believed that an increase in travel, both nationally and worldwide, is a contributing factor.
Unlike ticks and fleas, bed bugs don’t stay on your pets for an extended length of time. They can, however, bite your pets. As with clothing and furniture that you use, the beds your pets sleep in or any articles of clothing they wear can act as transportation for bed bugs. If you find that you have bed bugs, wash your pet’s bedding at the hottest temperature you have on your washer; if it can’t be laundered, put it in your dryer on high heat for about 15 minutes.
Our technicians are bed bug pros, and know how to identify and where to look for bed bugs in your home or business. After an initial inspection, we will create a plan that’s customized to your needs. We use treatments that are as minimally disruptive to your Orlando home or business and as environmentally friendly as possible. Learn more about our residential pest control and commercial pest control services.
Think you might have a bed bug problem? Turner Pest Control offers same-day service and a FREE estimate!
Call our Orlando team right away if you suspect your home or business has bed bugs. Our bed bug solutions are guaranteed.