Rest Easy! Bed Bug Treatment in Melbourne, FL
If you’re worried about bed bugs in your home, Turner Pest Control can help.
Bed bugs can be pretty sneaky pests, difficult to spot—and even more challenging to get rid of when you try do-it-yourself treatments. In fact, DIY treatments can actually help to increase their population, and pose a threat to your health.
If you’ve got a bed bug infestation in your Melbourne home, you need a professional solution provided by an experienced team. Fortunately, the comprehensive program offered at Turner Pest Control provides exactly that, including a full inspection, professional treatment, and follow-up visits until your home is blissfully bed bug-free.
The effective treatment plan you’ll receive is the same one as those chosen by quality hotels, medical facilities, and office parks in the Melbourne area. If you’re ready to get started with bed bug treatments, simply contact us online or call 321-329-9500.
How Do You Get Bed Bugs?
Unfortunately, these troublesome pests are good travelers, able to come into your home in many different ways, including:
- Visitors: Bed bugs commonly enter homes when house guests come to visit, hiding in luggage or coming in on clothing.
- Used items: When you buy items from consignment or thrift stores, such as clothing, furniture, or mattresses—and those items came from places with bed bugs—then you can bring them home that way.
- Stored items: When you keep sheets, towels, and luggage in storage, they can become gathering places for bed bugs. So, before you use them, wash linens in hot water, and thoroughly check your suitcases and travel bags before and after you use them.
- Pet bedding: Although bed bugs don’t linger on pets like fleas and ticks do, they can bite your pets and nestle into their bedding and any clothing they wear. It can help to wash the bedding at your washer’s highest setting.
Reports suggest that populations have been increasing since the 1990s. Although no one knows why, for sure, it’s likely that increased travel, nationally and globally, is contributing to their resurgence.
What Do Bed Bugs Look Like?
They’re small and reddish-brown with oval-shaped, flat bodies, easily confused with other kinds of bugs. They just a tad bigger than a tiny apple seed. If they’ve just eaten, they can look a little bloated.
How to Tell If You Have Bed Bugs
Although you may need a professional inspection to be sure, there may be signs of infestations in your Melbourne home. They include:
- Bites: You may have tiny bites on skin that’s in contact with your mattress or bed linens, perhaps on your arms, legs, and back.
- Spots: Inspect your sheets. If you see brown or red spots, these could be drops of dried blood from bed bug bites.
- Odor: Bed bugs can create a musty smell so, if you notice this on your mattress or comforter, that’s another sign.
- Sightings: Sometimes, these critters hide, perhaps under your mattress, or in small crevices and cracks in the joints of furniture, bed frames, and baseboards. Other times, though, they can be visible.
If you’re seeing signs of bed bugs, call us at 321-329-9500.
Bed Bug Extermination in Melbourne
Our friendly technicians have the experience, equipment, and know-how to eliminate these pests from your home. Plus, we work fast, knowing how finding bed bugs can be an upsetting experience. We use the safest and most effective methods and products available to make your home bed bug-free again, and to give you back your peace of mind.
Our Melbourne bed bug services include:
- free consultation where we discuss what you need, your preferences, and your budget, and share what bed bug services we’ll provide to guarantee long-lasting protection
- free estimate so you know what you’ll need to exterminate the bed bugs in your home
- a practical and efficient plan that includes:
- methods that have been created to minimize disruption to your schedule and your home
- environmentally-friendly techniques that allow people to safety remain indoors, even if they have allergies or other health issues
The reality is that bed bugs can strike anywhere, from homes and apartments to hospitals and dorms. They move through a residence easily, leaving eggs wherever they go, so it makes sense to proactively put a good plan in place to prevent you from being the next person who needs to deal with a terrifying bed bug infestation.
If you suspect that you have a bed bug problem, it’s best not to delay. You can call 321-329-9500 for same-day service.