Mosquito Control Services in Jacksonville, FL
Call the mosquito extermination experts.
Mosquitoes are almost a year-round concern in Jacksonville, with only a brief break from these biting insects in winter. With this nearly constant mosquito activity, it’s a challenge to keep the mosquito population down with DIY methods that either don’t work well or for long, or that even make the problem worse. If you’re ready to take your yard back, the pros at Turner Pest Control have everything you need to help you enjoy your outdoor time at your Jacksonville home any time of year.
Why Jacksonville mosquito control is important.
Mosquitoes aren’t just an annoyance that makes you head inside on a nice summer evening—they’re also dangerous to the health of people and animals. These insects can carry and spread a number of deadly diseases, including West Nile virus, the Zika virus, malaria, equine encephalitis, and more. Eliminating all mosquitoes’ breeding spots from your yard and having regular professional mosquito control treatments are the best ways to prevent the bites that endanger your family and pets.
Our treatment plans are customized to your needs.
Not every home’s yard is the same, so we price our mosquito control services according to the size of your yard. Our expert mosquito technicians will provide a free inspection and estimate, and recommend the treatment plan that’s right for you.
Tips for reducing the mosquito population.
Although mosquitoes will always be a part of life in Florida, there are a number of things that can be done to lessen the chance of being bitten.
What homeowners can do:
- Get rid of as much standing water as you can. Empty and clean out bird baths frequently, make sure your fountains are in good working order, empty your pets’ outdoor water bowls at the end of every day, and empty kiddie pools. Since mosquitoes need very little water in which to lay eggs, also check for small amounts of water collected in flower pot trays, toys and playsets, and even inside plants that hold water, such as bromeliads. Keep your yard as free from debris as possible to ensure that mosquitoes won’t have a place to lay their eggs.
- Keep your landscape neat and tidy. Overgrowth in your yard gives mosquitoes the cool, dark places they like to hide in during the day, as do piles of wet leaves and other damp, organic debris.
- Make sure your gutters aren’t blocked with debris and check your spigots and hoses for slow leaks that may create small puddles.
- Carefully use insect repellents on your clothing and skin, closely following directions on the label, and wear light-colored, long-sleeved clothing. Stronger repellents can be used on clothing (which are not for use on skin). Never use insect repellents designed for adults on infants.
- Keep mosquitoes from getting inside your Jacksonville home. Inspect screens on doors and windows for tears and regularly empty or throw away anything that may hold small amounts of standing water, such as flower vases or trays under plant pots.
What Turner Pest Control can do:
- Our mosquito control services attack these insects in every stage of their lives, from egg to adult.
- We use ultra-low volume (ULV) treatments that are carefully applied with a backpack mister.
- We have the best treatments available, including long-lasting, fast-acting barrier sprays. We concentrate these micron-size droplets on the underside of shaded foliage where mosquitoes hide and lay eggs.
- Our regular monthly treatments establish an extermination cycle that can completely eliminate mosquitoes’ breeding sites around your yard. You can even pause your recurring mosquito service during the coldest months when mosquitoes aren’t as active.
- We can provide a one-time mosquito control service for that special outdoor event.
More ways to enjoy your outdoor spaces.
We can make your yard free of all types of pests and keep your lawn healthy and beautiful with our lawn and outdoor services for Jacksonville homeowners. Our year-round services including everything from grassy and broad leaf weed management, to complete fertilizer treatments, including granular applications. We also have a wide range of optional services, such as shrub fertilization and disease control, fire ant management, mole control, armadillo control, and much more.
Call us for your free inspection and estimate.
We offer free, no-obligation estimates on all of our services. There are never any hidden fees or fine print, and you can cancel your service at any time. You don’t have to sign a complicated contract or pay a cancellation fee.
Take your yard back from mosquitoes—schedule an appointment online or call us at 904-355-5300 today.