Protect your home with a termite warranty from Turner Pest Control.
Termite damage isn’t covered by homeowner’s insurance in Florida for a good reason: Our state has one of the largest populations of termites in the country, so the likelihood of a termite infestation is very high. A termite warranty, sometimes referred to as a termite bond, is the only way to bridge the coverage gap and ensure that your home is protected from the destruction these pests can cause.
Termite warranty facts.
A termite warranty generally covers repairs for termite damage and potential retreatment. Not all termite warranties are alike, however, and not all houses will qualify for full coverage.
Here’s what you should know about termite warranties:
- Retreatment and repair warranties: In the event of a termite infestation, this type of contract provides termite treatments at no additional cost, plus coverage for any damage done by termites as long as the warranty is in effect.
- Retreatment-only warranties: As with retreatment and repair warranties, this provides termite treatments at no additional cost if you have an infestation, but it does not include any repair coverage.
- Renewal frequency: Termite warranties must be renewed in order to maintain coverage. Our customers may choose an annual renewal or a 5-, 7- or 10-year renewal period before a booster is needed.
- New homes: A newly built home may be covered by a warranty that the builder initiated after having satisfied a requirement for pre-construction termite prevention measures. This coverage expires after a period of one year and must be renewed by the homeowner by the expiration date in order to avoid a lapse in coverage. Turner Pest Control termite warranty renewals go into effect on the date the homeowner signs the paperwork to elect coverage.
- Existing homes: If a Turner Pest Control termite warranty is in effect, it can be transferred to a new homeowner if you sell your home and you pay only for what you have used. If there is no warranty, either a retreatment and repair warranty or a retreatment-only warranty can be purchased, depending upon whether your house qualifies for repair coverage.
- Costs: Renewal fees are priced according to the size of the home being covered.
The Turner Pest Control termite warranty difference.
Other companies offer termite bonds or warranties, but ours differ in one very important way: Our renewals include Formosan and subterranean termites, and we include them at no additional charge. These types of termites are the most destructive in the North Florida area, and just one Formosan colony can contain several million termites. Coverage that includes these aggressive termites may save a homeowner thousands of dollars in repair costs.
Get a free, no-obligation estimate.
All termite warranties have some exclusions and conditions, so it’s important to choose the most comprehensive warranty at a price that’s right for your home. Our expert termite control technicians will be glad to answer your questions about our coverage and provide a free estimate for our termite warranty. Just complete the form at right or call us at the number above to schedule your appointment.
Get the most comprehensive termite and pest control today.