Termite Control in Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville Termite Control & Treatment Services
Complete protection for your Jacksonville home.
By the time the full extent of termite damage is discovered, repairing it may cost thousands of dollars and homeowner’s insurance doesn’t always cover it. You can protect your investment in your home with expert termite extermination from Turner Pest Control.
Types of Jacksonville termites
The majority of termites in the U.S. fall into one of these categories: drywood, dampwood, and subterranean.
The greatest threat in Jacksonville comes from Formosan termites, a subterranean species. These termites pose a serious threat to homes due to the size of their colonies, which can contain several million individuals that have an extensive foraging range.
- Termites seek cellulose to get the nutrition they need, and most structures contain enough cellulose to attract these pests. They can find it in wood pulp, paper, cardboard, drywall, foam, and other materials we use to build our homes.
- The abundance of cellulose makes millions of homes vulnerable to termite infestations. In addition to food, termites seek the shelter and moisture that our homes provide.
- Termites eat 24 hours a day, so a large infestation can result in extensive damage over a relatively short period of time.
- DIY termite control methods will not get rid of an infestation. You may be able to kill a few of the termites that you can see, but only an experienced, licensed pest control professional has access to the equipment and specialized products that can get rid of termites for good.
Signs of termite activity
Since Formosan subterranean termites are such a danger to Jacksonville homes, it’s important to keep an eye out for signs that they may be present. These include:
- Wood that sounds hollow when you tap it with a hard object. In the worst infestations, Formosan termites can leave only a paper-thin surface on hollowed-out wood.
- Wood that looks peeled or blistered on its surface.
- Nesting material in voids in your home’s structure, such as between walls and under sinks. Nests may be composed of chewed wood and soil.
- Swarmers, which are winged Formosan termite reproductives. You may see them around outdoor lighting or notice their discarded wings near lights, doors, and windowsills.
How to keep termites away
There’s no 100-percent effective way to keep every termite individual away, but there are many steps you can take to greatly reduce the chances that termites will set up housekeeping in your Jacksonville home. Here’s what you can do to deprive them of the things they need:
- Keep wood mulch away from your foundation: Mulch helps hold moisture for plants, but it does that for termites, too. It’s also a source of cellulose. Consider using a non-cellulose mulch, such as pine needles or gravel, or keep wood mulch a minimum of 15 inches away from your home’s foundation.
- Get rid of water sources: Almost every home and property has spots where at least some moisture collects. Check for leaks from spigots or pipes, and make sure that you direct water away from your foundation with gutters and downspouts. Avoid spraying the soil nearest to your foundation when you run hoses or sprinklers. If your home has a crawl space, make sure it doesn’t provide the damp, dark home termites seek.
- Don’t let stacks of old lumber or firewood accumulate. Termites would rather eat decayed wood than new wood. Also keep wood stacks far from your home’s foundation.
Our termite pest control treatments
Turner Pest Control’s comprehensive termite extermination service begins with a complete inspection of your home. We prepare a report on our findings and recommend a customized treatment plan. You can choose from three treatment levels:
- Premise—Effective and affordable
- Termidor—Long-lasting, broad protection
- Altriset—Environmentally friendly
We also offer our premium Termidor HP high-tech solution that allows us to treat your home with little disruption to patios, pool decks, or landscaping. Termidor HP provides exceptional termite extermination and prevention.
No matter which type of treatment you select, we thoroughly protect your home with a perimeter treatment that includes every spot where termites can get in or cause damage, including behind brick, inside blocks, at pipe penetrations, between adjoining slabs, under patios, and much more. We also treat cracks in your foundation, no matter how small, to eliminate the pathways termites can use to get inside your home.
Call Turner Pest Control for a free termite inspection and estimate.
We offer free, no-obligation estimates on all Turner Pest Control residential pest control services. Contact us today online or call us at 904-355-5300 to schedule your free quote.