Some useful and strange information just for you!
- A cockroach can live a week without its head. The roach only dies because without a mouth, it can’t drink water and dies of thirst.
- Over 5 million children are sensitive to cockroaches.
- When living on a person, an adult female mite can live up to a month.
- Ants cannot chew their food. They move their jaws sideways, like a scissor, to extract the juices from the food.
- As many as 100 people die as a result of bee and wasp stings each year.
- Scorpions give birth to live babies, several dozen at a time.
- Rats contaminate and destroy enough food worldwide each year to feed 200 million people.
- Scorpion stings are more dangerous for children and those with existing heart or lung problems.
- Kissing bugs are not as romantic as their name implies. Rather, they bite and suck blood while their human or animal host is sleeping.
- Crickets hear through their knees.
- The German cockroach is the most common cockroach found in and around apartments, homes, supermarkets and restaurants.
- Cockroaches can run up to three miles in an hour.
- The Africanized Honey Bee (a.k.a. “killer bee”) has been known to chase people for over a quarter of a mile once they have gotten excited and aggressive.
Need more? We’ve got tons of them! Can you imagine if we had ears on our knees? I think a cockroach runs faster than I do and we are going to video the scorpion fact for sure! Coming soon!