A bed bug problem can happen to anyone, and when it does, it’s very stressful to try to deal with it on your own. That’s why we offer caring, professional service provided by trained technicians. If you’re concerned about bed bugs in your Jacksonville home, our bed bug elimination experts are ready to take care of the problem.
What to know about bed bugs in Jacksonville
For the most effective eradication, it’s important to know more about how bed bug problems can occur and how they should be treated. Here are a few facts:
- Bed bugs travel easily, so they can be found in even the most well-kept homes and cleanest business establishments.
- Jacksonville plays host to a great number of business travelers and tourists, some of whom are bound to bring bed bugs from other cities with them.
- DIY treatments, such as fogging and other over-the-counter products, can actually cause bed bugs to move deeper into walls and curtains.
- Bed bugs are now showing some signs of resistance to certain chemicals.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, bed bugs are not known to spread diseases, but their bites can cause excessive scratching that can increase the chances of secondary skin infections.
Bed bug prevention tips
While professional pest control services are the most effective way to get rid of bed bugs when you do have a problem, here are a few prevention tips to help you avoid an infestation:
- Thoroughly inspect any used furniture, draperies, mattresses or box springs before bringing them into your home. Because bed bugs are difficult to detect, consider having such materials inspected by pest control technicians.
- When traveling, use hard-sided luggage, and vacuum suitcases when you get home.
- Take a flashlight with you to hotels to visually inspect bedding.
- Do regular close inspections of the beds and furniture in your home and areas where your pets sleep.
How our bed bug treatments work
At Turner Pest Control, our effective bed bug treatment process includes three separate treatments over a 21-day period. We use steam, insecticide dust and residual contact treatments.
Our comprehensive treatment plan includes precise inspections and re-inspection to ensure that your home or business is free of bed bugs.
Inferior pest-management practices, such as incorrect application of chemicals, from some pest control companies will be ineffective. If a pest control provider treats your home once with no follow-up visits, your bed bug problem won’t be solved.
Don’t hesitate — call Turner Pest Control for expert help now.
When you have bed bugs in your home, nothing’s more important than your peace of mind. Contact our experts today for friendly, professional and thorough bed bug treatment. And, for the greatest protection for your home and family, sign up for our comprehensive TurnerGuard Termite and Pest Control plan — there are no excluded pests and bed bug treatments are included at no extra charge.